This is a variation of Rotel Cheese dip, but using canned tamales, and much more. This makes a ton, so invite over a crowd when making this.
Canned tamales, chili beans, Rotel and more make for a flavorful dip.
- 28 ounces beef tamales wrappers removed
- 10 ounces chili with or without beans
- 14 ounces beans hot chili beans - Ranch Style Beans work well
- 10 ounces tomatoes and chilies
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese cut into chunks
- 1 cup red onion minced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 jalapeno or other hot chili chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauc
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a crock pot and heat until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. I add a small amount of spices before heating and then add more to taste. (I prefer it spicy.) Serve with tortilla chips.P.S. This make a LOT of dip - make it when you are expecting a crowd