This dish combines slow simmered beef, mushrooms, onions, and sour cream all served over noodles. Originally created for the Russian Stroganoff family by a french chef, this is a family favorite around my house.
Originally created for the Russian Stroganoff family by a french chef, this family favorite around my house.
- 2 1/2 pounds sirloin cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped, only the white part
- 5 tablespoons Flour
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cube, dissolved in one cup hot water
- 1 can Beef Consomme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 6 ounces mushrooms canned
- 1/3 cup Sauterne Wine
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- Remove all fat from the beef. Cut the beef into 2-inch strips across the grain of the meat. Salt and Pepper the strips. Heat the butter in a Dutch oven and brown the beef, turning frequently to brown evenly. Set the meat aside and cook the onions until they are transparent. Set the onions aside.
Add the flour to the drippings and mix well. Return the meat and onions to the Dutch oven, and add beef bouillon cube, water and beef consomme. Stir the mixture until is smooth. Add mustard, cover and cook very slowly for 1 hour or until the meat is tender. Add the mushrooms do not drain off liquid, saute and sour cream. Serve over rice or noodles.
Last Updated on