This lasagna is perfect for the spring when asparagus is in season. This is a tasty lasagna. Perfect for a large gathering.
Do you love asparagus? Try these asparagus recipes
Chez L.A. Chicken and Asparagus Lasagna
Enjoy this well-known Asparagus Lasagna tonight.
- 4 pounds Fresh asparagus
- 1 pound butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups chablis
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups milk
- 16 ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 8 Eggs
- 16 ounces Lasagna Noodles
- 4 1/2 pounds chicken breasts cooked
- 1 pound Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 pound Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 cup onion chopped fine
- 1/2 cup carrot grated
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 pounds roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- Roast asparagus in a small amount of olive oil in oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Make the white sauce with the next six ingredients. Mix eggs, and Ricotta cheese together, and add this to the white sauce. Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package, and coat the noodles with sauce, and lay in a 9 by 13 inch casserole that has been coated with Pam.
Chop chicken and asparagus, spread over the noodles, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. One layer of noodles and repeat. Top with noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve after casserole has sat for 15 minutes. Toping of red sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Marinara Sauce Preparation Instructions:
In a quart sauce pan saute onions and carrots in butter. Stir in tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, and sugar. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree in blender until smooth. Return to saucepan, and chicken stock and reheat.
Last Updated on