This is a favorite of ours. It is a really nice way to stretch those food budget dollars. On the menu you have the choice of any style of egg that you like. You can vary that; we chose scrambled eggs for our version. This is hearty enough to eat for dinner.
Denny’s Chicken Fajita Breakfast Skillet
You can recreate the Denny's well-known breakfast skillets at home.
- 8 ounces chicken breasts
- 2 cups Home Fries or Hash browns
- 1 teaspoon Fajita Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream optional
- 1/2 cup Guacamole optional
- Salt and Pepper
- Rub chicken breast with fajita seasoning and let marinade for 1/2 hour. Slice marinated chicken into strips. Use cooking spray and braise chicken in a hot skillet until done. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet fry and stir on high so as to cook quickly. Remove all from heat and set aside. Brown left over cooked potatoes or use frozen hash browns, cooked until desired crispness. Salt and pepper to you taste. Divide in half and place on serving platters. Mix egg with half and half, salt and pepper to taste. Cook egg mixture into two separate omelets. Place on top of browned potatoes. Place one half of cooked fajita meat and cooked onions and peppers on top of omelet. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese over each platter of fajitas. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa if you like.