Olive Garden Florentine Lasagna is a spinach and mushroom based lasagna. You can either do this one with a marina or even an Alfredo sauce. If you are looking for a meatless meal this makes a hearty meal and is likely to please even the meat lovers.
Love Lasagna? Try these lasagna recipes
Olive Garden Florentine Lasagna
Olive Garden Florentine Lasagna is filled with spinach.
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1 pound coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups Ricotta cheese
- 1 2/3 cups Parmesan cheese shredded, divided use
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 4 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 29 ounces tomato sauce
- Steam spinach until tender; press out excess moisture and chop coarsely. Cook mushrooms, onions and minced garlic over medium-high heat until onions are tender; drain excess liquid and cool. Mix ricotta cheese, 2/3 cup Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, basil and oregano in large bowl. Add cooled spinach and mushroom-onion mixture and mix on low speed until just blended. Cook lasagna according to package directions; rinse under cool water and drain thoroughly. Place four lasagna strips in bottom of lightly oiled 9 by 13 inch pan, overlapping slightly. Top with 2 cups of spinach filling.
- Sprinkle with 1 and 1/2 cup shredded cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan. Repeat layering two more times and top with remaining four lasagna strips. Spread 1 cup of marinara or tomato-cream sauce over top and cover tightly with foil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake, covered, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and keep warm at least 30 minutes before cutting. Top with extra Parmesan cheese. (Can be refrigerated for a day in advance of baking if desired.)