This pasta dish features grilled chicken or shrimp along served with a creamy pasta sauce. This is the perfect dish to have when you have company coming over.
In the 70-80’s I owned a chain of restaurants in the Los Angeles area called The Original Sicilian Pizza Company. I have since sold the restaurants and the last one closed in 1988.
Origial Sicilian Pasta Co. Linguine with Blackened Shrimp or Chicken
Original Sicilian Pasta Co. Linguine With Blackened Shrimp Or Chicken
The Original Sicilian Pasta Co. Linguine tastes great with Blackened Shrimp Or Chicken
- 2 1/2 quarts Heavy cream
- 1/3 cup basil chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 1/4 cups lemon juice
- 5 ounces Parmesan Cheese grated
- 7 1/2 pounds shrimp 16-20 Size -- peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 pounds butter melted
- 3/4 cup Cajun Seasoning
- 9 pounds Linguine (Regular Or Pesto Flavored)
- For Cream sauce, combine first 7 ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. For blackened shrimp, dip in butter then roll in Cajun seasoning mix. Sear in a cast iron skillet over high heat. Cook 1 minute until the shrimps turn opaque.NOTE: Substitute 24, 5 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts for the shrimp if desired. Follow the directions for Blackened shrimp, except cook 2- 2.5 minutes per side. Cut into strips and arrange over top of pasta.Toss 6 ounces of pasta with 4 ounces of cream sauce. mound on a plate. Thinly slice a lemon crosswise and place on top in a circular pattern overlapping each other. Place 5 shrimp evenly on top of lemon slices. Garnish with basil sprigs, serve.For each serving, heat 1 tablespoon oil in saute pan until hot. Add 6 shrimp and 1.5 ounces mushrooms, cook 2 minutes. Add 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic and 1.5 tablespoon scallions, cook 1 minute longer, pulling out shrimp when cooked. Add 1-cup cream, reduce liquid 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon tomatoes and 1 ounce Parmesan. Reduce mixture 1 minute longer. Return shrimp to pan with 6 ounces fettuccine. Toss and heat thoroughly. Pour onto pasta plate, placing shrimp on top. Garnish with Basil leaf.For lighter sauce. Substitute 3 quarts clam juice or fish stock for 3 quarts of manufacturing cream.