This Sour Cream Graham Streusel Cake is the perfect cake to make for a light coffee cake, or anytime you want something a bit sweet.
Sometimes the weekend, or perhaps in the afternoon, a piece of coffee cake is just the perfect treat to serve. This one is rich, with just the right amount of cinnamon. You won’t want to miss out on this easy to prepare coffee cake.
Love coffee cake? Try these coffee cake recipes
Sour Cream Graham Streusel Cake
This Sour Cream Graham Streusel Cake is perfect for brunch.
- 8 squares Graham Crackers
- 1/4 cup chopped Pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Grated Lemon Peel
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8 inch round cake pan, and set aside. Crush graham crackers until they are fine crumbs. Crush enough crackers to make 3/4 cup. Combine graham cracker crumbs, pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add melted butter, stir until well blended. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda into medium bowl. Beat softened butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and lemon peel. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Spoon half of batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle 2/3 crumb mixture evenly over batter. Spoon remaining batter over crumbs lightly into batter. Bake at 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool ten minutes before removing from pan.