Steak and Shake chili is made at Steak and Shake they promote that their burgers are made from steak quality meat. You can make the Steak and Shake Chili in the 5 way style. This dish combines spaghetti, home made chili, chili sauce, freshly grated cheddar cheese and minced onions. Steak and Shake chili is a tasty chili.
Steak and Shake 5 way Chili
Make your own Steak and Shake Chili at home.
- 2 pounds ground chuck coarsely ground
- 1 1/2 cups onion diced
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 32 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 28 ounces light kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder plus 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces tomato paste
5 Way Chili add ons
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 onion dicedd
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack - Colby cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons Heinz Chili Sauce
- Please note the onions that are cooked in the chili are optional. You can leave them out. I personally love onions when cooked in the chili. Steak and Shake does not add onions to cooked chili. Chopped onions are served on top of the chili.
In a skillet on medium-low heat saute ground beef and onions. When beef has been cooked, drain all grease and place in a medium-large saucepan. Add celery salt, tomato sauce, kidney beans, garlic powder, garlic salt, chili powder, pepper, water and salt, mix all ingredients.
On low heat place a lid on the saucepan and simmer for one hour, stirring frequently. After chili has been cooking for an hour add tomato paste and stir well. Place lid on the pan and simmer an additional half hour. Prepare spaghetti as directed and drain.
5 Way Chili Assembly
To assemble: For individual serving: In a shallow bowl or plate place: Generous helping of spaghetti 3/4 cup Chili 2 tablespoon Chili Sauce Chopped Onions (to taste) 1/2 cup Shredded Monterey Jack and Colby Cheese Mix Top with additional onions to your taste. Any leftover chili can be placed on crisp tortilla chips for a light lunch or a great snack. Chili sauce can be purchased at most grocery stores in the condiment area. It is sold in a glass bottle and looks somewhat like the old glass Heinz Ketchup bottles.