Cracker Barrel Carrot Cake, piled high with cream cheese frosting, is divine. Make this favorite at home!
Cracker Barrel Carrot Cake
You can find many more copycat Cracker Barrel recipes here at CopyKat.com
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Carrot Cake
Make your own copycat Cracker Barrel Carrot Cake at home.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped English walnuts
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple do not drain
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins that have been soaked in water until plump and then drained
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans for garnish
- Cake: Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix the vegetable oil, sugars, vanilla and eggs until smooth and fluffy. Add pineapple, walnuts, coconut, carrots, and raisins and blend well. Gradually add flour mixture a half at a time until blended through.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 40-50 minutes. Test with toothpick for doneness. When cool, frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting: Blend cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and a little of the powdered sugar at a time until all has been blended well. Turn mixer on high and beat until frosting is light and fluffy. Spread frosting over the cooled cake and sprinkle with pecans.
Last Updated on