Does this Kitty Litter Cake look just like a Cat Litter Box? Yes! You can make a kitty litter box cake at home.
So first off let me say, this recipe should be made in jest. You should use only a new and clean little box to make this cake. One should not confuse this with an actual litter box. I am 100% certain no cat owner would confuse the cake for a real litter box. So let’s move on.
This cake is basically made by preparing two boxed cake mixes according to package directions. Then you will crumble up those two cooked cakes. You will make a box of instant vanilla pudding. You will then combine the crumbled cakes with the prepared vanilla pudding, this is the base of the of the cake, it’s the litter.
Now you can be creative to make the accouterments for the cake. You can color some coconut green to represent the deorderizing crystals that are in some kitty litters. I used Tootsie rolls to represent what cats often leave behind when they visit the little box.
Again, this recipe is in jest and is not for everyone. It’s a fun cake to bring to a party.
Want more fun cake recipes? Check out these other great cake recipes
Kitty Litter Cake
This cake should be made only in jest, use a clean litter box, one that you purchase from a store.
- 15.25 ounces German Chocolate Cake mix
- 15.25 ounces white cake mix
- 8 ounce White Sandwich Cookies
- 8 ounce Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- Green food coloring
- 12 small Tootsie Rolls
- 1 *new* kitty litter box
- 1 *new* kitty litter box plastic liner
- 1 *new* pooper scooper
- Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans). Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in a blender, they tend to stick, so scrape often.
- Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork or shake in a jar. When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl.
- Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, mix with the cake and "feel" it, you don't want it soggy, just moist; gently combine. Line new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into the litter box. Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture.
- Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top; this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter. Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, 3 at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. This is my addition--only: spread 5 of the remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box; sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Serve with a *new* pooper-scooper. Note, this cake should be refrigerated when not being served.