This is an over the top rich cake. This one is for chocolate lovers only. Take head, this recipe requires some extra mandatory steps. Make sure your spring pan is water tight, if it is not, you will have a soupy mess. I bake mine around 300 until done and that might be about an hour.
411 West Black Satin Fudge Cake
This is a rich dense, and almost flourless chocolate cake.
- 1/3 cup Raspberry Preserves
- 12 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 8 ounces Butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 pint Fresh Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line bottom with a parchment paper circle. Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil to seal out water. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Strain seeds from preserves by pressing through a wire-mesh sieve.
- Place preserves, chocolate, and butter in a double boiler. Heat over medium heat, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, and flour. Add chocolate mixture. Mix gently. Pour into springform pan. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan.
- Add about 1 inch of water to outside pan, forming a water bath. Bake at 325 degrees until top is dry and a skewer comes out clean, about 45 minutes. If water evaporates, replenish. Let cool, unmold and turn upside down. Remove parchment paper.
Place on serving plate and dust with powdered sugar. Serve individual slices with Raspberry Sauce. Raspberry Sauce Puree all ingredients in food processor. Strain seeds from sauce by pressing through a wire-mesh sieve.
Last Updated on