This is a very very rich pie. The cooking time while low maintanence has you carmelizing sweetened condensed milk,
O’Charlie’s Caramel Pie
You are going to love this Caramel Pie from O'Charlies. This pie features a dulce de leche filling topped with whipped cream.
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 10 ounces Cool Whip
- 4 ounces chopped pecans
- 6 ounces mini chocolate chips
- Peel paper from cans of Eagle Brand Milk. Place cans on their sides in a large pot and cover completely in cold water. Slowly bring the pot to rolling boil and boil for 3 hours making sure to turn cans every 30 minutes or so.
- At the end of 3 hours allow cans to cool for 1 hour (at least - this part is VERY important).
- Open cans of Milk and spread into pie pan. Cover with Cool Whip. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips all over the top. Refrigerate for 8 hours DELICIOUS. This can be dangerous so be sure you never leave cans boiling on the stove without checking them.