This is a great way to dress up baked beans. The variety of beans gives a nice twist on traditional baked beans.
Baked Beans Quintet
This baked beans recipe contains 4 different types of beans.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 ounces butterbeans
- 16 ounces lima beans
- 16 ounces Pork and beans
- 16 ounces Red Kidney beans
- 16 ounces Chick peas
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Prepared Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Cook bacon, chopped onion, and garlic in a skillet, when bacon is cooked; drain well. Combine bacon mixture along with all of the canned beans, pour into a casserole dish. Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour ketchup mixture over the beans in the casserole dish, stir slightly. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.