New York Style cheesecake is a creamy and dense style of cheesecake that is difficult to beat because it is so tasty. You can make one fairly easily. You may want to serve this with some fresh strawberries or even blueberries.
New York Style Cheesecake makes a dense rich cheesecake. This is like the kind you would find in the Big Apple. My advice on making a cheesecake like this is that it tastes better the next day, so make this one a day or two before serving. Also if you allow all of your ingredients to reach room temperature first your cheesecake is less likely to crack.
New York Style Cheesecake
This dense and rich cheesecake is just like what is served in many restaurants.
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crubs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs seperated
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- To make the crust, generously grease a 9x2 springform pan with butter. Place pan in center of a 12 inch square of aluminum foil and press foil up around the side of the pan. Combine graham- cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in a small bowl until well blended. Press 3/4 cup of crumb mixture into bottom and side of the pan. Chill prepared pan while making the filling. (Reserve remaining crumb mixture for topping.) T
To make the filling, with an electric mixer on low speed; beat cream cheese in a large bowl until soft. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, until well blended. Stir in sour cream, flour, vanilla, lemon rind, and juice until smooth. Beat egg whites until they hold stiff peaks. Fold white into the cheese mixture, until well blended. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until top is golden brown, turn off oven and allow to cake to cool for 1 hour. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack at room temperature. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. Chill overnight before serving. Dust with confectioners sugar right before serving.
Last Updated on