This is a rich chocolate pudding my grandmother makes. Creamy chocolate pudding tastes so good, you can eat this while it is still warm or serve it with a little whipped cream. You really don’t need to buy the stuff in the box when you can make this delicious chocolate pudding. Source: Virginia McDowell. Jefferson City, Mo. 1963.
Snowy Chocolate Pudding
This chocolate pudding cake is moist and so rich.
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa for batter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoon melted shortening
- 2 tablespoon cocoa for topping
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup whipped heavy cream
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, and salt together. Stir in milk, vanilla, shortening and nuts. Pour into greased 8x8x2" pan. Mix brown sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa. Sprinkle over batter, and then pour hot water over all. Bake in 350 degrees oven for 35 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.