Both pears and apples make this fruit pie extra special. This recipe makes up a great tasting apple pie.
The Apple Fare Pear Apple Pie
This apple pear pie is a wonderful combination of cheesecake and fruits.
- 1 cup all purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups tart apples peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups pears peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3 tablespoon chopped Walnuts
In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing lightly with a fork until the dough forms in a ball. On a floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Flute edges.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and remaining flour. Add apples and pears; toss. Pour into crust. For topping combine flour and brown sugar, cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in Walnuts. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 375 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until fruit is tender.