Source: Judy McDowell. Jefferson City, MO. 1962
Love Cake? Check out these great cake recipes
Tomato Soup Cake
This cake recipe is really made with Tomato soup. You'd be surprised at how good it tastes. This spiced cake tastes great with cream cheese frosting.
- 2 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 2 eggs
- Sift first 7 ingredients into large of electric mixer. Add shortening and soup and beat at low to medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping side and bottom of bowl constantly. Add eggs and 1/4 cup water and beat 2 minutes longer. Pour into two 9" layer pans lines on the bottom with waxed paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until well done.
Last Updated on