This recipe makes a very filling casserole, cornbread mix, ground beef, cheese, taco seasoning and more make for a delicious casserole. This recipe is by Brenda Thompson. Cleveland, TX. 1989.
Love casserole? Be sure to check out these casserole recipes
This layered Mexican casserole is a great hearty dish for your whole family to enjoy.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef browned and drained
- 2 packages Lawry's taco seasoning follow directions on package
- 1 cup chopped onion white or green
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 can Ro-Tel Tomatoes
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
In small bowl mix Cheddar cheese and a handful of Monterey Jack cheese for the top. Mix the rest of the Monterey Jack cheese and the onions in a bowl. Mix beans and meat.
Mix tomatoes and soup in a small bowl. Line a 13X9" pan with tortillas. Layer the meat and cheese and onions then finish with corn tortillas. Spread soup and tomatoes and top with cheeses. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.