Talk about yummy!
Cherry Mash Bars
These are an extra special treat!
- 2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (not diluted)
- dash of salt
- 12 regular marshmallows
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 package (6 ounce) cherry chips (If I can't find these, I substitute the same amount of white almond bark, 1 teaspoon cherry extract and red food coloring to desired color)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I omit this if cherry extract was used)
- 1 package (12 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup crushed salted peanuts
Combine sugar, milk, salt, marshmallows, and margarine in saucepan over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add cherry chips and vanilla. Pour into buttered 9 X 13 pan. Melt chocolate chips in double boiler; add peanut butter and crushed peanuts. Spread over cherry mixture and chill.Print Recipe