Looking for that perfect cheese sauce? This is a wonderful creamy recipe for making your own cheese sauce. Cheese sauce is easy to prepare and can be used on steamed vegetables, poured over potatoes, in an omelette, or in any way you desire. Here we add a little garlic, and some horseradish to give this sauce a little kick.
A Great Little Cheese Sauce
This basic cheese sauce goes great on vegetables, sandwiches, and so much more.
- 8 ounces American cheese cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon chopped gives
- 1/4 teaspoon ground horseraddish
- salt to taste
- On medium-low heat in a saucepan melt butter and add flour. Whisk flour so it will blend with butter. Add milk slowly and stir constantly until all is blended and the mixture is smooth.
- Add cubed cheese, garlic, chives. horseradish, and blend with white sauce. Stir constantly until cheese is completely melted and sauce is smooth, it should have a medium thick consistency. If the sauce is to thick a little milk may be added. This sauce is great for topping fried mushrooms, baked potatoes, vegetables, pasta or mixed in with ordinary mashed potatoes.