Microwave Sausage and Clam Soup
This hearty soup is so easy to make.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms sliced
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 ounces clams chopped canned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Microwave the hot Italian sausage 4 or 5 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove sausage and set aside. Add the olive oil to the sausage fat and cook the garlic 1minute. Add onions, green pepper, parsley, basil, and cook 4 minutes or until crisp tender. Add the mushrooms and cook 2 more minutes. Add can tomatoes, wine, and juice drained from clams cover and cook 5 minutes. Stir. Cook 5 minutes. Stir. Add sausage Cook 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. After standing time add the chopped clams.