There is nothing better than a warm bowl of stew on a cold day. My Grandmother was known for her simplistic cooking that tasted so good. This recipe is from the collection of Ethel Eynard 2004.
Make delicious beef stew only a grandmother would make.
- 1 pound top boneless round steak
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Trim fat from steak, cut into 1 inch cubes. Combine flour and pepper; dredge meat in flour mixture, reserving the excess. Cook meat, 3/4 chopped onion and reserved flour mixture in oil in a Dutch oven over low heat until meat is lightly browned. Add water and next five ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours. Stir in potato, 1 cup carrot and 1 cup onion; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add peas and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Last Updated on