Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana is creamy potato soup, known as Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana is filled with Italian sausage is hard to beat. This is one classic you do not want to miss. You may wish to add a half teaspoon of fennel seed to this.
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
You can recreate the Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana at home.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes sliced in half, then cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 28 ounces chicken broth - low sodium is best 2 cans
- 1 quart water 4 cups
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup bacon cooked, or use real bacon bits
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups kale or Swiss chard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a medium-sized skillet brown bulk Italian sausage over medium heat and add in red chili flakes and cook until browned, and completely cooked.
Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth and garlic in a large pot, and cook on medium heat until the potatoes are cooked through. Add the cooked sausage, bacon, salt and pepper, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Turn the heat to low and add the chopped kale and whipped cream. Heat through and serve.