This came from a favorite cookbook of mine. The Perfect Recipe. We have used this book many times in adapting recipes for CopyKat Recipes.
Nothing beats a quick and easy bowl of clam chowder. Unlike some soups, a delicious bowl of clam chowder can be put together in no time at all.
Love Clam Chowder? You may want to try these clam chowder recipes.
Quick Clam Chowder
Nothing is better than a bowl of homemade soup, this quick clam chowder, fits the bill.
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 4 cans (6 1/2 oz) minced clams preferably Doxsee (No MSG) Minced Clams; clams and juice separated 2 (8 oz.) bottles clam juice, preferably Doxsee brand
- 3 medium waxy red boiling potatoes
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Fry minced bacon over medium heat in a large soup kettle until fat renders and bacon crisps, about five minutes. Add onion to bacon and drippings, and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add flour; stir until lightly colored, about one minute. Gradually whisk in canned and bottle clam juices and 3 cups of water. Add potatoes, bay leaf, and thyme, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add clams, cream, and parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and serve.
Last Updated on