This tastes very similar to a restaurant that is known for their delicious pies. I personally think this recipe tastes a lot like Marie Callendars Potato Cheddar Cheese Soup, but that is just my opinion!
Potato Cheddar Cheese Soup
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
Restaurant Style Cream of Potato Cheddar Cheese Soup
This Restaurant Style Cream of Potato Cheddar Cheese Soup takes much like the one served at Marie Callendar's in our opinion.
- 4 cups diced potatoes Finely Sliced and Diced Potatoes (peeled)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 1/4 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheee
- On medium-low heat in a 3-quart saucepan saute celery and onions with butter. Cook until onions and Celery are clear take care not to let onions brown. Add chicken broth, potatoes, and water.
- Place on medium-low heat and cook until potatoes are very soft and tender. When potatoes are done add chicken bouillon cubes and cook until cubes have been dissolved. Mash the potatoes slightly but leaving most of them in chunks. Reduce heat and add half and half, stir the mixture.
Add shredded sharp cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is completely melted and dissolved into the mixture. Sprinkle sugar, pepper, and salt into soup, stir. Let soup simmer very slowly for 20 - 30 minutes taking care not to let soup scorch. When ready to serve garnish with shredded Colby cheese, jack cheese and maybe a little parsley. Add a crisp salad and hard rolls and you have a wonderful meal.