This is a delightful salad made famous by the California Pizza Kitchen. The California Pizza Kitchen has a great cookbook The California Pizza Kitchen Cookbook. The California Pizza Kitchen has a great cookbook The California Pizza Kitchen Cookbook.
California Pizza Kitchen Chopped Salad
California Pizza Kitchen Kitchen Chopped Salad with Herbed Vinaigrette
Make your own California Pizza Kitchen Kitchen Chopped Salad with Herbed Vinaigrette.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce cleaned trimmed and chopped into 1/8 inch-wide strips
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce cleaned trimmed and chopped into 1/8 inch-wide strips
- 12 basil leaves chopped into 1/16-inch-wide strips
- 2 cups dry Italian salami cut into thin strips
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped garbanzo beans
- 4 cups ripe tomatoes diced 1/2 inch
- 3 cups turkey breast diced 1/2 inch
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions cut into 1/4 inch pieces
To make the dressing: Process all ingredients except oil and Parmesan using a hand-held, propeller-blade type mixer (or use a whisk in a small bowl). Slowly blend in oil. When all oil has been incorporated, stir in Parmesan. Set aside in the refrigerator.
To make the salad: Toss first 6 ingredients and dressing together in a large mixing bowl. Transfer the salad to chilled salad plates. Surround each serving with a ring of diced tomatoes and top with diced turkey breast. Garnish with chopped scallions. Note: If so desired, all ingredients can be tossed together instead of being composed on the plate as described earlier.
Last Updated on