This is a nice and simple chicken salad made famous by a restaurant we were asked not to name. They are known for being the “inventor” of the chicken sandwich.
Restaurant Style Chicken Salad
We got too close to this recipe and had to remove the restaurant's name.
- 2 cups chicken dark meat
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relis
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices Texas Toast or Thick Cut Sandwich Bread
- Boil dark meat until completely cooked. Remove from water and cool meat. You can save the chicken broth, seal and refrigerate no more than a week. After chicken is cool, cut into tiny pieces. Place in a mixing bowl and add all other ingredients and mix well. Butter one side of sandwich bread and grill. Place salad in between grilled bread slices and serve.