14 th Ave. Cafe is located in Portland Oregon. You really can make great tasting fried rice at home.
14th Ave Cafe Fried Rice
14 th Ave. Cafe Fried Rice
Make restaurant type fried rice at home.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 rib chopped celery
- 2 strips chopped bacon
- 2 ounces chopped ham
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4 cups cooked white rice 1 1/3 raw rice
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla), available in Asian markets
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Heat a large skillet or wok and add the oil. Add garlic, celery, and bacon and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Add ham and eggs; cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Add rice, peas and carrots; toss well to mix thoroughly. Add soy and fish sauces and pepper; stir-fry about 5 minutes. Add green onions; cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes longer or until done.
Last Updated on