You can do something extra special with canned and creamed corn by adding bacon, onion, celery, and bell peppers to make this a terrific dish. Luby’s Spanish Indian Baked Corn is the perfect dish to bring to a pot luck dinner, because it reheats so easily.
Love Luby’s? Check out these Luby’s Copycat Recipes
Luby’s Spanish Indian Baked Corn
You can make Luby’s Spanish Indian Baked Corn at home.
- 1/4 pound bacon chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 ounces butter plus 2 tablespoons melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) cream style corn
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimentos, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups cornbread muffins crumbled and divided
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Add onion, celery and bell pepper and saute 2 minutes over low heat; set aside. In medium-size pan, melt 1/4 pound butter; add milk, corn, jalapenos, pimentos, salt and sugar; heat over low heat. Add bacon-vegetable mixture and 1 cup cornbread crumbs to corn mixture. Heat well, stirring frequently. Transfer to an 8x11 and 1/2-inch pan. Moisten remaining cornbread crumbs with remaining margarine and sprinkle on top of corn mixture. Bake at 350 degrees until crumbs are light brown.
Last Updated on