You can jazz up white rice with a few extra ingredients. Parsley, chicken broth, onions, and more really enhance this inexpensive side dish. Recipe by Judy Chatham. Coldspring, TX. 198
Parsley rice is a great rice dish to serve when you want to upgrade streamed rice.
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1/2 cup minced green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Saute onions in hot oil in a large skillet until tender. Add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.