Ever looking for a tasty way to stretch sausage? This recipe is up to that task. When done serve this up with hot noodles, rice, or spaghetti. If you don’t like hot sausage, you can use two packages of mild. Don’t you just love one dish meals? This can be put together in less than 30 minutes. Why order take out when you can make your own meal at home for so much less?
Beer and Sausage Skillet
Beer and Sausage skillet
Do you like one-skillet meals that really help stretch your budget?
- 4 tablespoons butters
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 4 garlic cloves -- minced
- 2 cans Italian style stewed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut sausage into 1 inch pieces (use a pair of scissors). Melt butter in a large skillet and sauté sausage pieces until browned. Add the onions and garlic and cook until onions are transparent. Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes. Serve over hot rice.