So we have a special ingredient in this recipe, we have added a small package of lemon Jell-O into this chicken dish. The chicken practically cooks itself in the oven once you add a few other ingredients. Melted butter, prepared mustard, garlic salt, and sliced almonds round out this special dish. You may want to serve this dish with some hot buttered rice.
Your family will never guess what makes this chicken so wonderful.
- 1 package lemon-flavored Jell-O 3 ounces
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 pounds boneless skinless breasts halves
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced almonds
- In a small bowl combine gelatin, butter, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Brush over both sides of the chicken breasts and place in an ungreased baking dish. Sprinkle almonds on top of chicken. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Basting once. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes longer or until done. Serve with rice if desired.