The Little Mushroom is located in Dallas Texas. I personally like to serve this with some steamed rice. One bonus is that you can use a cheaper chicken bone in breast for this delightful creation. This is a sinfully rich dish, perfect for hearty eaters.
The Little Mushroom Chicken over Avocadoes
The Little Mushroom Chicken over Avocados
You can make Little Mushroom Chicken Avocado just like they do.
- 3 pounds chicken breasts
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 onion quatered
- 2 cups Mayonnaise do not use Miracle Whip
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon or one cube
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 avocados
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large pot simmer the chicken breasts, in enough water to cover, with the celery onion, salt, and pepper, until tender. Remove from the stock and cool. Debone and shred into bite-size pieces.
- Strain the stock and refrigerate for another use. Combine the chicken, mayonnaise, soup, soup base, and curry powder. Place a few avocado slices in each lightly greased individual au gratin dish. (You can also bake this in a 13 x 9 baking dish or even a casserole dish.) Pour chicken mixture over the avocados and top with the cheese. Bake about 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until bubbly.