Some Chinese style recipes call for ingredients that we do not have around the house. I think this recipe is perfect to throw together any night of the week. Don’t get take out, make your own at home.
Beef Chow Fun
Thanks to CarolynTLyons for sharing this recipe.
Beef Chow Fun
Enjoy this retro recipe for Beef Chow.
- 1/2 pound dried wide rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 pound flank steak thinly sliced across the grain
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Soak the noodles in warm water until softened, about 30 minutes; drain. Combine 1 tablespoon of the dark soy sauce, the rice wine, and cornstarch in a small bowl; add the beef and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Combine the beef broth, oyster-flavored sauce and the remaining 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce in a bowl. Set the sauce aside. H
eat wok or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, swirling around to coat the sides. Add the onions and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the flank steak and the green onions; stir-fry until the beef is no longer pink, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the noodles to the wok and toss gently. Add the sauce toss to coat evenly. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes more. Enjoy!
Last Updated on