Lettuce wraps are delicious and a unique appetizer that many people enjoy. This is a re-creation of this appetizer from P.F. Chang’s. The P.F. Chang’s version contains mushrooms and sits on a bed of fried mung bean noodles, but if you don’t have all of those ingredients at home, you can try this one.
image by Jaime Duplass/Shutterstock
P.F. Changs Chicken Lettuce Wrap
Don’t miss out on this recipe recreation from a fellow viewer. These are easy to make, and taste much like the Chicken Lettuce Wraps at P.F. Chang’s.
Chicken Lettuce wraps like P.F. Changs
Make a lettuce wrap just like P.F. Changs with this copycat recipe.
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon Asian garlic-chili sauce or hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 ounces Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
Combine the chicken, basil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, chile, and garlic-chili sauce in a bowl and stir to blend well. Heat both oils in a heavy medium skillet until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Transfer the chicken to a platter and arrange lettuce leaves around edges. Serve, passing the chopped green onions and/or chopped roasted peanuts if you are using these.
Thanks to rgboomer for sharing this recipe.