Growing up my father was diabetic, and this was one of his favorite desserts. This recipe is from the archive of my grandmother, Ethel Eynard. Jefferson City, MO. 1988
Diabetic Pumpkin Pie
Diabetic Pumpkin Pie – desserts without sugar can be tasty.
You can make a delicious tasting diabetic pumpkin pie with this recipe.
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 16 ounces solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar twin brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can evaporated milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix well and pour into a 9 inch pie shell. Bake in 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 30 minutes or until knife inserted into the center of the pie filling comes out clean.