These are both meaty and cheesy. This makes a large number so it is perfect for a party.
Overstuffed Mushrooms – stuffed with ham and cream cheese.
Stuffed mushrooms are a great appetizer to make for when you have a lot of company.
- 2 pounds medium sized fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 1/2 ounces deviled ham
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Rinse, pat dry and remove stems from mushrooms (use in soup, etc), set caps aside. In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, ham, olives, mustard, onion powder, turmeric and black pepper. Spoon or pipe into mushroom caps. Garnish with pimento. This recipe makes about 50 stuffed mushrooms.