Looking for a barbeque sauce that has a berry flavor? This is a great easy BBQ sauce for ribs, chicken, steak, ketchup I have also used it as a dip for homemade French fries—yum!
Berry Barbeque Sauce
Berry BBQ Sauce
Berry Barbeque sauce is a great way to enjoy roasted meats.
- 1 cup frozen Marion berries or other Blackberries (or 1/2 pint fresh, rinsed, and drained)
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup dark or light
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon Pimenton de la Vera (see note)
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter (optional)
- Puree all the ingredients in a food processor. Transfer to a small saucepan and simmer for one hour, or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Let cool and store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Note: Pimenton de la Vera is smoked Spanish paprika. Find it at markets that carry a wide selection of gourmet foods. Also, look in the “Mexican foods” section of your local supermarket for a fine substitute, just look for “pimenton” on the paprika pack. Thanks to lotusfather for sharing this recipe.