Home made potato soup is so comforting and perfect when you are trying to capture some of those familiar feelings of childhood. Potatoes, milk, and other fresh vegetables make for a delightful pot of soup.
Grandma’s Potato Soup
Grandma's Potato Soup
Sometimes there is nothing better than a bowl of homemade potato soup.
- 4 Russet potatoes (Idaho or Russet potatoes are recommended) (This is a total of 5 potatoes)
- 1 potato for the pot
- 15 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 chopped celery stock
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Peel and chop potatoes into bite-sized chunks and place into medium-sized stock pot. Add evaporated milk and fill up empty can with each whole milk and water. Add stick of butter, allow to melt. Add chopped celery, onion, chopped garlic, sea salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Cook on low or simmer until potatoes are soft. DO NOT allow soup to boil. The flavor of potato soup is enhanced by any buttered sweet roll or dinner roll. T
hanks to hyjinx for sharing this recipe.