This is my version of a recipe from My Girlfriend’s Kitchen, a meal-assembly franchise that (unfortunately) went out of business in my area. It’s one of their famous “three-breasted chicken” entrees, although my version doesn’t call for the extra breast, since supermarket chickens generally don’t come with three. It’s intended to be frozen and then thawed and cooked. But, of course you can skip the freezing step and cook it fresh.
My Girlfriend’s Kitchen Chicken Goes to England
My Girlfriend's Kitchen Chicken goes to England
This is a recipe for wonderfully seasoned chicken breasts that are baked in the oven.
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs Panko also works
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs or 1 cup of pasteurized eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pound chicken 1 whole chicken cut up in parts or 6 chicken breasts
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture. Then, dip into the breadcrumb mixture and coat thoroughly. Lay the pieces of chicken out on a baking sheet and freeze.
Then, combine in a zipper bag and store in the freezer. To cook, thaw completely.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay chicken on a baking sheet, preferably on top of a baking rack, and bake for 60 to 75 minutes. I like to give the chicken a quick spritz of cooking oil spray before baking to make it even crisper. Thanks to JC in PA for sharing this chicken recipe.
Last Updated on