This is the best I’ve ever tasted! You may substitute 2 10 ounce packages broccoli instead of squash. Thanks Mari for sharing this with us!!
This squash casserole makes a perfect side dish for a potluck or any night of the week.
- 4 1/2 pounds sliced yellow squash (about 8-10 med sized)
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 10 ounces Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
Topping Mix together
- 30 crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Cut the squash into bite sized pieces. Boil squash and onion until tender. Drain and set aside. Mix the next set of ingredients together and add to drained squash and onions, and stir to combine. Place mixture into an 8x10 casserole dish and bake @ 325-350 for 20 minutes until bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle cracker mixture over the top. Return dish to oven and bake for 15 minutes until brown.
Last Updated on