Turtle Trifle is mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, nuts, chocolate, and caramel sauce make up a wonderfully rich dessert. Everyone will want to know where you got this recipe for Turtle Trifle. When I have brought this turtle trifle to parties and pot luck dinners, I never have to take any home.
Thanks to cheyenne for sharing this dessert recipe.
Make a rich and creamy dessert filled with chocolate, nuts, and caramel.
- 8 ounce Mascarpone cheese , softened (8 ounce package cream cheese may be substituted)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 Pecan Pie (Edwards Georgia Pecan Pie) Thawed and cut into 1” cubes
- 1/3 cup chocolate fudge topping (Smucker’s)
- 1/3 cup caramel topping (Smucker’s)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
1. Beat mascarpone, whipping cream, & vanilla in a large bowl at medium speed w a heavy duty electric stand mixer using whisk attachment, 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and firm.
Place half of pie cubes in bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or tall, clear 4-quart glass bowl. Spread half of whipped cream mixture over pie cubes. Drizzle with half each of chocolate fudge topping and caramel topping. Sprinkle with half of the chopped pecans. Repeat layers.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.