Going out for dinner often means getting a high-fat meal. I love the flavors of Mexican cooking, and wanted to make something a little healthier. Ground turkey can be dull without good seasoning. This recipe was inspired by my love of Mexican cooking while wanting something that was healthy, quick, and easy. I served this up with veggies that are steamed in the microwave.
Love burgers? Check out these burger inspired recipes
Mexican Turkey Burgers
Mexican Turkey Burgers are a flavorful alternative to ground beef burgers.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 medium onion diced small
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Shape into 4 meat patties. Heat skillet over medium heat and add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Once the pan is hot, add turkey patties, and when browned on one side flip over this should take about 3-4 minutes. Cook thoroughly. Serve with steamed veggies or even re-fried beans.