Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup is known for being hearty. It is a rich soup that can be made into a meal. This warm bowl of goodness features roasted chicken, potato gnocchi, carrots, celery, and spinach. Soup warms the soul, and this is no exception. When you put out these bowls, they are going to come back empty.
This is an easy-to-prepare recipe, but it is going to taste like you spent hours at the stove making your family a delightful chicken and potato gnocchi soup. You can find the gnocchi in a couple of different places in your supermarket; my local stores sell shelf-stable potato gnocchi in the dry pasta section. In higher-end grocery stores, I have seen this sold in the fresh sections where you would pick up a prepared meal, I have even found it available in the frozen section of the grocery store as well. Either type of gnocchi will work well. Your family will really love this. Have a hard time finding gnocchi? Make your own homemade potato gnocchi.
Hands down this has been one of my most popular recipes at CopyKat.com. You can read through the comments and you can see how many people just love this soup. It is easy to make and it tastes great. Actually all of my Olive Garden Recipes are pretty popular. Most people seem to just love the Olive Garden menu items. A lot of people ask me if you can freeze this soup? They say you can freeze the soup and the Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup freezes just fine. So go ahead and make up a batch of this soup. You will soon fall in love with this delicious soup. Don’t forget to make some salad and bread sticks to go with this classic dish from the Olive Garden.
How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi
It is very simple to make the Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup, you will find that all of the ingredients are very common in your average grocery store. This recipe begins sauteing the vegetables in butter, and then you add some flour and cook that through. You will then add in the half-and-half and chicken broth. Cooked chicken and gnocchi gets added to your seasoned broth and vegetables. You can then adjust your seasoning and you will be ready to serve this soup in about an hour.
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Copycat Recipe
You can make the Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup at home, it's just as good when you make it at home.
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup carrots finely shredded
- 1 cup spinach leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken breast cooked, and diced
- 16 ounces package ready-to-use gnocchi
- Melt the butter into the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until the onion becomes translucent. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in the half-and-half. Simmer until thickened. Whisk in the chicken broth. Simmer until thickened again. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, the thyme, parsley, nutmeg (if using), carrots, spinach, chicken, and gnocchi. Simmer until the soup is heated through. Before serving, season with additional salt, if necessary.