Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes is a side dish that will practically cook itself, and everyone will be scooping up every last bit in the pan? These easy oven roasted potatoes are quick to put together, and then you simply pop them into the oven and you will have a side dish everyone will request again.
I would love to tell you this recipe is mine, but this recipe is one that my friend Liz makes, and I believe she got the recipe off of a box of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. Every time she has made these potatoes they are always gone, and we find ourselves fighting over the caramelized bits in the bottom of the pan. These are great for dinner, and even breakfast!
You could try some variations on this recipe, you could add some additional fresh sliced onion or even some green bell peppers. You may even want to see what else you have in the crisper drawer in your refrigerator and go from there. I have found you can add a few more potatoes to this recipe and it will turn out well. I personally love these flexible recipes. This one is so simple that if you are a beginner cook this recipe will work out well for you.
Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
These are some of the best-tasting potatoes you can make in your oven.
- 2 pounds potatoes - any kind will do
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1/4 cup of oil, you can use olive, or even plain vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped - optional
- 1 medium sized onion chopped - optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cube potatoes into small bite sized pieces, place potatoes into a gallon sized ziplock bag, pour oil over potatoes, and mix well. Add in optional ingredients if you like. Sprinkle in dry onion soup mix, and shake the back so the soup mix coats the potatoes. Place potatoes into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Bake for approximately 40 minutes.