Olive Garden Chicken Scampi is one of their most requested menu items. It is very easy to make, and if you love fresh peppers this recipe is perfect for you. Chicken is breaded and cooked, and then served with a savory wine sauce.
This recipe was one that was requested a little while back from a young reader who has had great success with many of the other Olive Garden copy cat recipes, and he asked for this one. I wanted to make this recipe for him. So often people just like yourself request many recipes, and if the restaurant is still in business, I can get to it, and I will try my best. In his letter, he mentioned that his family used to go to the Olive Garden frequently, and they had a lot of good memories there. I think by recreating your favorite dish at home helps you recreate those favorite memories that you have when you go out to eat.
Honestly, this is one of my favorite dishes. It was requested in such a sweet and touching way. It was also my first recipe to shoot with my new camera guy. I loved how this dish turned out.
If you do not drink wine, you may want substitute low sodium chicken broth. When choosing wine for this recipe, I would choose an inexpensive Chardonnay or other dry white wine. I would choose something that is drinkable. If you want to go meatless on this dish, I think you could omit the chicken and use some mushrooms instead. Either way this is going to be delicious.
Here is my cooking tip, if you don’t want to have to buy random bottles of wine for cooking, I suggest you buy a bottle of dry sherry and use it whenever a recipe calls for white wine. You don’t have to worry about sherry going bad, in a couple of days. This stays good for a couple of months.
Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
Love the Olive Garden Chicken Scampi? You can make this pasta dish at home.
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 orange bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic sliced thin
- 1 pound pasta
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- Place flour, salt, and pepper into a shallow dish and mix well with a fork. Place milk in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken first in flour, then dip into milk, and then dredge again in the flour.
- Place breaded chicken on a rack and allow to rest 10 minutes before cooking. While the chicken is resting, cut peppers, onions, and garlic. Saute peppers, onions, and garlic in a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season peppers, onions, and garlic with a light sprinkling of salt. Saute until peppers begin to brown. Remove from skillet.
Place remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in hot skillet. Place chicken in skillet. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until the chicken has browned on both sides. Remove chicken from pan. Deglaze the pan by adding white wine to the pan and add italian seasoning blend. Scrape the bottom with a spoon scrapping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Add heavy cream and mix well. Return cooked vegetables to the pan and stir. Add cooked pasta to the skillet. Plate the pasta and sauce, placing a few pieces of cooked chicken with each plate.