Texas Roadhouse Rolls is one of my favorite rolls to get when you go out to this restaurant. These rolls are sweet, hot, and you can slather them with the cinnamon honey butter. You can make these at home, and they are pretty easy to do.
I don’t know why it is, but hot bread served just about anywhere makes going out to eat a real treat. I think the Texas Roadhouse menu has many tasty items on it. They are known for their yeast rolls they are some of the best rolls around. These are light, fluffy, and they just have the right amount of sweet to make them nothing short of amazing. I think you can have great results for you when you make them at home.
Just like any other basic roll they have milk, yeast, sugar, flour, an egg, butter, and salt. What makes this different is that the dough is a little sweeter than most rolls. I do not recommend making this recipe with sugar substitutes. The milk in them makes them rich tasting and wonderful. I do suggest if you can that use saf-instant Gold Instant Yeast, 1 Pound Package. I think this yeast really helps to improve the flavor of the final result. Regular bread yeast works well, but the gold instant yeast allows the sweet flavors to really peak out and this can really enhance the flavor of this rolls.
What I like about this recipe is that it is an easy recipe to prepare. If you wanted to could have your bread machine stir everything together, it could knead it, and rise inside of there, but then you can remove the dough and then cut the dough and bake it in the oven. Even if you have never made rolls from scratch anymore, this is an easy recipe to prepare, and once you make bread from scratch I promise, you will want to do it again and again.
I like to serve this with the honey cinnamon butter, but plain butter is also good to serve with these rolls. Now you can make this recipe at home.
This post contains an affiliate link with Amazon.com. I may earn a commission if you make a purchase from the link.
Texas Roadhouse Rolls
You can make rolls that taste like Texas Roadhouse Rolls.
- 1 cup milk warm 100 degrees
- 1 1/8 teaspoon active yeast or 1 package
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for kneading
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter , melted plus 1/4 cup butter, melted (optional) (unsalted is best, salted butter is fine to use)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Honey Cinnamon Butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a cup or small bowl, stir together the warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Allow the yeast to proof and begin to activate while you prepare the other ingredients. (This is not necessary, but I prefer this to use milk cold out of the refrigerator).
Using a stand mixer or food processor, combine the flour, egg, 1/3 cup melted butter, and salt. Add the milk mixture and process until you have a smooth dough; it will be stickier and wetter than regular bread dough. Place the dough in a greased bowl, turn the dough to grease all sides, and cover with a towel. Let rise until it has doubled in size. When the dough has doubled, punch it down and turn it out on a floured board. Let rest for 10 minutes. Roll out the dough into a large, flat rectangle approximately 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 16 portions with a sharp knife and place on a greased baking sheet and let rise again, until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake the rolls for 10 minutes on the greased baking sheet. They will be light brown when removed from the oven. If desired you can brush the tops of the rolls with the remaining 1/4 cup melted the butter before serving.
Honey Butter directions
Prepare honey cinnamon butter by combining butter, cinnamon, honey, and powdered sugar with a mixer until well blended.