Homemade Pea Salad with Bacon is a summertime classic salad, but you can enjoy this pea salad with bacon any time of year.
Homemade Pea Salad with Bacon is one of my favorite salads for the summer, it’s easy and quick to put together. Chances are you have many of these ingredients already in your pantry. Who doesn’t love a salad this is easy and quick to put together.
The cubed American cheese is an addition that I just love. Luby’s Cafeteria cubes their American cheese when they put it in salads. Small cubes of cheese have a lot of flavors, and it looks so attractive as you can see the bits of cheese sprinkled through out the salad. Another special ingredient in here is smoked paprika. Smoked Paprika gives salads a great smokey flavor. You can use smoked paprika in steak rubs, or seasoned flour.
Pea Salad with Bacon
You will love this classic Pea Salad with Bacon.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 24 ounces peas frozne
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup American cheese diced
- 1/2 cup bacon diced
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Stir well. Add to the seasoned mayonnaise, frozen peas, red onion, cheese, and bacon. Stir to combine. Let rest in your refrigerator in an air tight container for 2 hours before serving. This is best when left overnight before being served.