Source Virginia McDowell. Jefferson City, Mo. 1980.
Banana Split Cake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 ounces melted butter
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 4 bananas sliced
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple drained
- 16 ounces Cool whip
- 1 16 ounce jar maraschino cherries
- 12 ounces pecans
- To make the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine. Press into a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix together the 2 cups powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese together. Blend until smooth and spread over the graham cracker crust.
- Slice bananas (enough to cover mixture). Drain 1 large can crushed pineapple and spread in pan. Spread 1 large container Cool Whip over the pineapple. Sprinkle with pecans and chill.