Another Better Than Sex Cake recipe, but this one isn’t chocolate. French Vanilla and strawberries are the primary flavors here. It’s a strawberry poke cake with a layer of pudding on top. This was sent in by Ginger Husch.
Strawberry Poke Cake
- 15.25 ounces French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 8 ounces Frozen Strawberries
- 1 3.4-ounce box French Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- Bake the cake in a 9x13-inch pan according to package instructions.
- Cool the cake completely. Do not remove the cake from the pan.
- After the cake has cooled, poke holes in cake (the handle of a wooden spoon works well).
- Pour the thawed strawberries and juice on the cake so the berries and juice go into the holes. Spread them around until the cake is covered.
- Prepare the pudding according to the package instructions.
- Spread the prepared pudding over the berries.
- Spread Cool Whip over the pudding.
- Keep the cake refrigerated for best flavor.